Mission and Goals
CLANKERRUS, a non-profit corporation is dedicated to fostering the national growth of things related to the Kerr name, the clan, its septs, and venues for the exchange of cultural and historical information about the clan in the United States and North America. We promote kinship and pride in our Scottish heritage in our multi-cultural American world. Our clan is rooted in democracy and not patronage or aristocracy and we:
- Encourage fraternization among members, other Kerr and clan organizations, and the general public concerning information for Clan Kerr, Carr and its septs.
- Coordinate with other Kerr state and regional clan organizations concerning attendance at Scottish games, Celtic festivals, and the support of heritage organizations across the United States.
- Provide a public forum for discussions, lectures, musical programs and conferences concerning Scottish culture and heritage.
- Maintain a data base of genealogical and historic information for Clan Kerr and its septs.
- Cooperate with Scottish non-profit organizations with like interests in disseminating educational and heritage information to members and the public.